ENKO-JI TEMPLE NIGHTVIEW
temple first opened in 1601 in Fushimi. Tokugawa Ieyasu invited the Zen
priest Kanshitsu Genkitsu to establish a place of learning under his civil
administration policy. Later the temple began publishing the books known
as Enkoji books. Wooden print types still exists. Enko-ji was relocated
to its present site in 1667. Although the temple declined during the Meiji
Restoration it was later restored as a training temple for Buddhist nuns.
Today Enko-ji is a zen training temple of Nanzen-ji school. The fresh
growth of early summer and colors of autumn are striking. The temple holds
the folding screen painted by Murayama Okyo.
Night Visit (Lighting-up)
KYOTO MAP TOUR
RYOKAN,KYOTOCopyright ( C ) by YACHIYO all rights reserved.