RYOKAN KYOTO

KODAIJI TEMPLE NIGHTVIEW 2008

  KODAIJI TEMPLE NIGHT VIEW bus subway  

Kodaiji Temple was built by the widow to Hideyoshi (warlord).Gold-relief lacquerware called Maki-e is exhibitied here.The origin of this temple lie in the volatile Momoyama (16th century) period. Nene, the wife of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, built Kodaiji and the North Garden (Kita-teien) at Fushimi castle for her husband. When he died, the garden was transferred to Kyoto from Fushimi. Construction of the temple, Kodai-in, began in 1603 with some garden work being done two years later. The name was changed to Kodaiji in 1606. Entokuin, built in 1627, is actually a subtemple of the Kodaiji complex, located across the street. The narrow street that passes between Entokuin and Kodaiji is still called Nene Street.

Date 2008.10.24(Fri)~12.07(Sun)
The middle through late November. Night business hours are from 18:30 to 21:00.

\600 ( inculuding Sho Museum )

[ Kodaiji Temple ]
Tel : 075-561-9966
Access : City Bus No.206 "Higashiyama-Yasui"



 

KYOTO MAP TOUR

s@ف@

RYOKAN,KYOTOCopyright ( C ) by YACHIYO all rights reserved.